In 1925, members of the Clifton Seventh-Day Adventist Church committed themselves to providing Christian education for their children. This commitment manifested itself in the form of Cincinnati Junior Academy (CJA), a school for the Christ-centered instruction of Seventh-Day Adventist children in grades 1-8.
Originally located on William-Howard Taft Road, CJA soon became known for its quality Christian education. As the school grew, so did interest from the surrounding community. Any parent who had an interest in providing a Christian education for his or her child, regardless of church affiliation, was welcomed to enroll their child at CJA.
By the 1960's, enrollment in CJA, had increased to such a degree that a new school needed to be built. In 1969, CJA moved to its new location on Clifton Avenue, where it stands today (renamed Clifton Christian Academy) still providing quality, Christian education for children in grades K-8 throughout the Greater Cincinnati Area.
Since CJA opened its doors in 1925, hundreds of students have graduated from the academy and succeeded in meeting the demands of higher education. Many of our graduates send their children to Clifton Christian Academy (formerly known as CJA) to benefit from the same academically challenging and Christian environment. In addition, class sizes are kept small to allow teachers to spend more individual time with students and allow for greater student involvement.
As a multi-cultural school, CCA seeks to maintain the richness of diversity among its student population. Any student, regardless of faith or background, will be considered for admission.
We believe in:
1. Christ-centered education
2. Academic Excellence
3. Financial support of Adventist education
4. Qualified Christian educators